I remember my first year on Myspace. It was fun, but mostly it was just posting videos, pictures, and comments that no one ever read. At the time it seemed amazing, so I guess I never worried about it. I don't think I ever really got excited about any of it, until one day, beyond explanation..... I tweeted a video of the Japanese earthquake, and seemingly within seconds, I had 100s, then 1000s of RTs. I was so excited, surprised, and in general disbelief, that I was pretty sure Twitter was broken. After about an hour I had over 5000 retweets, and had my first experience of watching a tweet go viral. I was hooked... but a year later I was still struggling to figure out what I had done to make this happen. Eventually I figured out there was no trick, only techniques to put you in best position to make it happen. My next several years have been spent trying to figure out, how to get a more predictable response off every post.
Succeeding in social media is simple if you are persistent, and you work very hard at it, but recently I have found a couple of successful guys who have made this all seem so simple and logical. If I could have known these techniques years ago, I could have saved myself a lot of time using these ideas, instead of my long and involved trial and error. This information would have made everything much easier to figure out. I learned the hard way starting at Myspace, migrating to Facebook, and now being on just about every social media site out there. Interesting how much time I could have saved knowing a couple of the simple concepts below.
BEGINNERS - Want to begin correctly in social media? My friend Sean Rasmussen from Australia, explains in a very simple story on how to do it right the first time. He believes anyone can become master by using 4 hidden rules of Social Media. Sean uses these 4 hidden rules to make it all seem so easy, and shows how it can be fun at the same time. He explains in detail how successful people follow these hidden rules all the time. They do it subconsciously, but anyone can do it. His concepts are easy to understand
1.. Be Prepared
2.. Do it Right
3.. Persist
4.. Be Realistic
ADVANCED - Want to succeed in social media? My friend Michael Q Toddliving in Japan, is always at the top of the list of those to emulate. His strong Social Media presence and approach to all the platforms and the attitude allow him to be able to see and share the whole picture. He currently investigates TSU as it continues to grow and looks like becoming a more and more useful social network to be on. He tosses out some thoughts about posting strategies for you. These will all be incorporated soon in his book called “The 7 Pillars of Your TSU Success”. His concepts are simple
1.. Getting Known
2.. Using the Internet
3.. Getting Liked or Loved
4.. Getting Followed
5.. Getting Trusted
6.. Getting Shared
7.. Become a Leader
Just reading a little bit on the philosophy that they bring to the table is refreshingly easy to understand. You walk away after reading their stories with the feeling that you were already doing it correctly, or you leave with some interesting incite on how you could do it better. I have always believed I was in social media for different reasons than everyone else. I have never tried to sell anyone anything, so thought I was just having fun. Most recently I have become aware that I have been selling something all along, I just didn't realize it. I have been selling myself. What ever reason you find yourself using social media. I am sure you will find better results after reading the techniques described above. If you haven't tried TSU, you can join my network here?